Dr. Charles Baughman 1932-2015
Friday, August 21, 2015. It is with very heavy hearts that we announce that Dr. Baughman has passed away. He lived in Lafayette, Louisiana. The funeral will be at Martin & Castille, 600 E. Farrel in Lafayette on Friday 8/28from 9am to 3pm. There will be a rosary at 1pm and a catholic mass at 3pm.
Here is his obituary:
Survivors include his wife of 35 years, Priscilla Leger Baughman; three daughters, Nancy Baughman, Susan B. Nunn and her husband John and Jan B. Buckner and her husband Wes; two sons, Charles H. Baughman Jr. and James “Jim” Ayo Baughman and his wife Cami; five grandchildren, Emily Nunn, Bonnie Buckner, Patrick Baughman, Knox Nunn and his wife Holly and Christopher Baughman; one great grandchild, Lily Nunn and one sister, Betty Seguin and her husband Lawrence.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Seba Henry Baughman and the former Lona Marie Rester, both natives of Bogalusa, Louisiana; a brother, Billy Baughman and his mother-in-law, Mable Leger.
Dr. Baughman was born on February 21, 1932 in Bogalusa, Louisiana and was a resident of Phoenix, Arizona for thirty years. He lived in Lafayette for the last six years. He was a veteran of military service and proudly served his country as a member of the United States Army. Dr. Baughman was a devout member of St. Edmond Catholic Church. He was an avid New Orleans Saints and Baton Rouge LSU Tigers fan.
Dr. Baughman also enjoyed traveling, fishing, golfing and was an off roading enthusiast. He was a 1956 graduate of LSU Medical School and active in LSU Medical Alumni Association. Dr. Baughman was a Cigna Physician in Phoenix for 25 years. He was a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Fellow of American College of Colo-Rectal Surgeons and Fellow and Diplomat of the American Society of Anti-Aging Physicians. He was instrumental in the development of the Baton Rouge General Burn Unit.
The family requests that visitation be observed in Martin & Castille’s SOUTHSIDE location on Friday August 28, 2015, from 9:00 AM to service time.
A Rosary will be prayed Friday at 1:00 PM in Martin & Castille Funeral Home. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theadvertiser/obituary.aspx?n=Charles-Baughman&pid=175596783#sthash.RdZD8GTJ.dpuf
Anti-Aging doctor in Lafayette, Louisiana and Peoria, Arizona with more than 50 years of medical experience.
Dr. Baughman is Board Certified and a Diplomat of the American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, a certification program of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. He is also a Fellow in the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and is pursuing a Master of Science Degree in Anti-Aging Medicine.
The mission at Baughman and Associates Anti-Aging is to combine Dr. Baughman’s extensive knowledge of the human body with the latest advances in Anti-Aging Science to put patients on the path to optimum health and a superior quality of life.
Dr. Baughman’s background information
L.S.U. School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
Doctor of Medicine Degree, June 1956
Touro Infirmary, New Orleans, LA, 1956-57, Rotating
- Touro Infirmary New Orleans, Louisiana, 1957-1959, 24 months of general surgery residency.
- Madigan General Hospital, U.S. Army, Tacoma, (Ft. Lewis) Washington, 1959-60, 12 months general surgery residency, senior level, rank of Captain.
u.s. Army Hospital, Fort Ord, California, Surgical preceptor to Lt, Col. Lee S. Serfas for 21 months ending June, 1962.
- Assistant to Col. J.E. Hemphill, Plastic Surgeon, Fitzsimons General Hospital, Denver, Colorado, for 9 months.
- Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, New York, 12 month residency in Colon & Rectal Surgery ending July, 1987.
- Anti-Aging Medicine. Completed Training On August 19, 2007 through The Foundation for Care Management and Cenegenics Medical Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Certified as competent to practice Anti-Aging By Cenegenics Medical Institute, Las Vegas, NV In August 2007.
- Enrolled in American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Fellowship Program, January 2007. Board Certified Anti-Aging And Regenerative Medicine July 2009.
- Completed training in Botox and Facial Fillers January 13, 2008.
- Louisiana, June 1956, by examination, (#7913)
- Arizona, June 1984, by reciprocity and oral examination, (#14681)
Experience & Employment
- United States Army, 1959-63. Captain.
- Private practice of surgery, Baton Rouge, LA 1963-1981.
- Employed by Arabian American oil company, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, May 1981 to December 1983. J.C.A.H. approved Hospital. Wide range of general surgery including endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy).
- Employed by Cigna Healthplan, Phoenix Arizona, April to October,1984.
- Transferred to Cigna Healthplan, Houston, Texas, November 1, 1985.
- Educational leave, Resident, Colon and Rectal Surgery Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, New York July 1986 to Sept 1987.
- Transferred to Cigna Healthplan of Arizona, September 1987 and remained with Cigna Medical Group with Retirement September 2008.
- Opened Office for Private Practice of Colon & Rectal Surgery, Gastroenterology and Anti-Aging Medicine.
Teaching and Other Activity
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Louisiana State University, Earl K. Long Hospital, Baton Rouge LA 1965-81.
- Founding member and first director of the Burn Unit Baton Rouge General Hospital 1970.
- Speaker at Second and Third Annual Flamefree Design Conferences and at the Industrial Medical Association convention in 1974 and numerous other medical conventions and service organizations through the years.
- Appointed to Burn Prevention Committee of the American Burn Association, 1980-81.
- American Board of Surgery, February 1964, Certificate 1225a
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery, Oct 15, 1990 Certificate #1053 Recertified 1998
- American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine 2009
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery
- American Burn Association
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Arizona Medical Association
- American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons, Fellow
- Cenegenics Institute
- Phoenix Society of Gastroenterology
- Phoenix Surgical Society
Call or email Baughman & Associates today and begin your journey to better health through proper hormone balance and healthy Anti-Aging. For appointments to see Dr. Baughman in Arizona and Louisiana, call 1-888-986-4669.